Monday, November 30, 2009

Good Morning

I am a blessed man. I don't have much money. (I use "much" loosely.) I don't have a mansion. My cars all need something done to them. Relationships seem strained at best some days and yet I can say that I am a blessed man. Why? How? Because, I know that my redeemer lives. I know that Jesus is my Savior. I know that this world is not my home. I know that I am going to Heaven. I know that Jesus considers me worthy to suffer shame for His Name. I am a child of the King of all kings. I have a beautiful wife who loves me. I have 4 wonderful children that are healthy. I have a home that is warm and welcoming. I have the greatest occupation I truly believe I could have. I have my health. I have awesome friends. I have a congregation that loves me for who I am. I am forgiven in Christ. I am free in Christ. How could I not say that I am a blessed man?! Sure, life isn't perfect and there are days of heartache and disappointments. Brothers and sisters.....be encouraged by these words:

Job 19:23-27
"Oh, that my words could be recorded. Oh, that they could be inscribed on a monument, carved with an iron chisel and filled with lead, engraved forever in the rock. "But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!(NLT)

No comments: