Thursday, November 19, 2009

You are dead!

Galatians 2:20
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.(NLT)

Is this the statement of every believer in Christ? I believe it certainly should be. But, unfortunately, for many........for most, it is not. Sure we say we are in Christ. We say we have accepted Jesus as our Savior. We say we are born again. We talk the "Christianese" so to speak.

Once we accepte Christ as our Savior, that is just the beginning. He then wants to be Lord of our lives. That requires us to die. We must die to our selfish desires so that the power of Christ may live in and through us.

What is keeping you from a deep, intimate, and rewarding relationship with Jesus? Is it a job? An addiction? Your way of life? Is it an existing relationship? Money? Those are the things that must be nailed to the cross so that He might live in you and so that you might TRULY LIVE. With everything in me, I urge you to make the decsion today to die to your selfish desires......die so that you might truly live.

No comments: