Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's so amazing about Grace?

What is so amazing about grace? Grace is a story. It begins with the great gaping chasm that stretched between creator God and his created humanity. That chasm was the work of man and the heartbreak of God. Grace is that our holy, infinite God was not pleased to be separated from his people. So, he reached down and healed the gaping wound. He healed it with the very blood of his own Son.

Then humanity was, again, invited to walk towards God and hide in His embrace. So, grace is also an invitation. It is an invitation out of loneliness and struggle. It is an invitation to draw near to the One who loves us most.

Psalm 27:7-8 Hear me as I pray, O LORD. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "LORD, I am coming."

Have you heard God say to you, "Come and talk with me"? Today, be still and listen. There is an invitation waiting for you. Will you respond like David? David said: "And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming'."

To worship God is to walk towards him, to walk with Him. He is not asking for perfection, only nearness. To worship God is to turn our eyes towards the author of grace and the lover of our very souls.

Hebrews 10:22 let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.

1 comment:

"Joyful one" said...

He holds us in His arms and carries us through those seemingly impassable places...even when our eyes may be closed from the fear...even when we have been responsible for getting into those "places." He loves us that much. We are His children.