Monday, October 19, 2009

Am I doing any good?

Some of you may start to read this and think, "oh....the preacher is feeling sorry for himself." And maybe I am. I am not sure. All I know is that in this season of my life I am doing what I know I am suppose to be doing. I am preaching the gospel the best I can every week. I am asking God to speak through me. But I don't just want God to speak through me. I long to see some tangible results. I know that I will stand before God one day and answer partly for those in the congregation I pastor. Are lives being radically changed through Quarry Rock? Are we being more than just hearers of the Word? Are we really doers of His Word? This blog for instance.....I am writing this at midnight cause I can't sleep. I will be up at 6am to go to the church and work until 6pm and right now I can't sleep......and so I blog. Is anyone reading this? Am I doing any good? I suppose I have whined long enough. Thanks for listening.....or not listening.

1 comment:

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

Hey there! I haven't blogged for a while and I haven't been reading blogs either. But, I'm getting back into it and this, your birthday, I read your blog. Stay encouraged! Many times we don't see the fruits of our labor until many many years later. Keep pressing on. Keep following His presence and don't turn your head in any other direction and know that you are doing your best....and that's all that God asks from us! Trust in the ONE who loves you most!

Have a blessed birthday, friend!