Sunday, May 17, 2009

I wanna be like my Jesus. Do we know what that means?

We certainly do live in a culture and society where we talk the talk of being like Jesus, don't we? I mean we say it over and over....."To be the heart, hands, feet, and mouth of Jesus......To do what He did, to love like He loves" But how can we truly talk like that and state that we want to be like Jesus when we are so lukewarm in our spiritual journey? How can we really be committed to Christ and skip church for any and all reasons, slander and gossip and act so selfish and childish, and walk through this life acting like this is all there is? I believe the spiritual formation of the American church is in dire need of repair. We walk into the church and are fed so well. We receive instructions for life and eternity and walk out of the door an hour later as if we had earplugs in our ears. I can't imagine how Jesus must have felt to have to speak the words we read in Revelation 3:15,16. "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!(NLT). May this video start a fire in your bones that cannot be put out. May all who read this and watch this video become so aware of Christ's love for us and our indebtedness to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.



No comments: